Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Afew final words on Juries and Recitals

I recently had my spring jury for my french art song literature class and was present at the masters recitals here at SUNY Purchase. I realized on vial thing that is important that most poeple over look and I'd like to remind you all. I know it sound corny but if you are goign to sing at all...make sure you mean it and it is from the heart. Do not bother opening your mouth if you are not singing for yourself first and foremost. If you do not feel connected to your art, I suggest you find something else to devote your time to. The roots of artistry are int he ability to evoke emotion through the creation of soemhitng unique. If you are up for that challenge then I say Bravo to you! Congratulations to all the wonderful artists I saw this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment